A panel of specialist insurance providers can tailor make you a camper van policy
- Compehensive,Third Party Fire & Theft & Third Party Only
- Generous Limited Mileage Discounts
- Camping Equipment & Personal Effects cover
- European Use
- Club Members Discount
- Legal Protection Available
- UK & European Breakdown Cover Available
How it works
Receive tailor made quotes from a panel of Campervan Insurance and Motorhome Insurance specialists
Taking out Campervan Insurance is one of the most inexpensive car insurances that there is. Receive Online Quotes with a panel of specialist campervan insurance providers.
A Guide to Campervan Insurance
Campervans have been popular in the UK for a long time. It’s not hard to see why given all the idyllic camping spots you can find across the country. A campervan provides you not only with a means of transport but also allows you to have some of the comforts of home whilst you’re camping.Something every campervan owner must take care of ASAP is getting their campervan insured. This needn’t be a hassle as long as you know how to go about it in the right way. On this site you’ll be able to obtain quotes from providers of campervan insurance incredibly easily but before you do it’s worthwhile reading through the information presented here so that you’ll feel confident when it comes to getting your policy.
What Will I Pay?
The cost of your campervan insurance will depend on a few different factors. These include
- The Named Drivers – One of the biggest factors that will affect the cost of your insurance policy will be the driving history of the named drivers. Ideally any drivers that are named on the policy will have a good amount of driving experience and have no claims or points on their licence. Typically drivers over 25 willpay less than 18-24 year olds.
- The Model of Campervan – The value of your campervan will also affect the price of the policy. One of the most popular models of campervan is the Volkswagen Camper. Bear in mind that often you will be given cover for the depreciated value of your vehicle rather than what it would cost to replace it, should your campervan be written off.
- Security – If you’re able to demonstrate that your campervan is secure this will certainly stand in your favour. You will ideally it parked in a locked garage when not being used. You should also make the effort to fit your campervan with an alarm, immobilizer, tracker and any other safety device that will make it more secure.
- Usage – How you use your campervan will also affect cost. Plenty of people like to travel to music festivals in their campervan which means their contents are at much greater risk of being stolen so this will reflect in the price if you choose to have contents cover.
Types of Cover
There are a few different types of cover you can get with campervan insurance. It’s common for most policies to include cover for fire and theft, which is self-explanatory. Some other types of cover you can get are –
- Contents Cover
- European Cove
- Limited Mileage
- Legal Protection
- Third Party
- Breakdown Assistance
Let’s look at a few of these in detail. Firstly is contents cover. When deciding whether you should get your contents insured you have to look at both the value of the contents you plan to keep in your campervan and the likelihood of them being stolen. If you’re someone who likes to take your campervan to music festivals and other large gatherings then your contents are going to be at much more risk of being stolen. If you like to take expensive items such as laptops and tablets with you when you travel then it’s probably a good idea to get your contents covered.
Limited mileage discounts are usually available if you only use your campervan in a limited way. You can save a good amount of money by agreeing to stay under a certain annual mileage that you and the insurance provider agree upon.
Lastly, breakdown assistance is an incredibly useful option to have included in your policy. When you’re using a campervan you’ll often be travelling far from home and relying on it as a means of accommodation. Breaking down in the middle of nowhere could be disastrous but with breakdown assistance you won’t have this worry.
Getting the Right Policy
When getting campervan insurance, the right policy doesn’t mean just the cheapest. There are some key factors worthconsidering to ensure you get the right policy for your needs.
- Only Get What You Need – If you never plan to take your campervan out of the country then you have no need for European cover. If you already have breakdown assistance then you obviously don’t need this included in your policy. By only getting what you’re sure you’ll need you can save a good deal of money on your policy.
- Check the Small Print – The whole purpose of having insurance is to give you peace of mind so you want to be sure that if you need to make a claim you’ll be fully compensated. It’s always worth checking the small print on your policy as there may be some details you’re unaware of.
- Shop Around – A hugely important part of getting the best deal on your campervan insurance is to shop around. Whilst it might be tempting to get with the first insurance provider you contact, this is not the best way to do things as you cannot know for sure whether you’re getting a good deal or not. By getting several quotes you can get a true idea of the market and choose the best value policy.
If you want to save money on your campervan insurance there are a couple of things you can do. Firstly you should join a campervan owner’s club. Many insurance providers will give special discounts to members of these clubs so it’s always worth joining one. Secondly you can choose to pay annually for your insurance rather than monthly. Often this will give you a very decent saving on what you pay overall.
Get Quotes Now
Since getting multiple quotes is one of the best ways to save money on your insurance it makes sense to get them in the most efficient way possible. Whilst it’s now much easier to obtain quotes yourself from different insurance provider’s websites, there is an easier. By filling out the simple form on this site you can get quotes from multiple insurance providers who specialize in campervan insurance. It’s never too soon to take care of the insurance for your campervan so you can drive it legally and with peace of mind.